[Public-List] Jyb track location on foredeck

Meinhold, Michael J. MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at leidos.com
Wed Jan 29 09:37:18 PST 2014

On the Chesapeake, when the wind pipes up from north our south, we get
A30-length steep waves, which make for very slow and uncomfortable
motoring.
If you can't or don't want to stay in the anchorage, it's better to be
beating than motoring when it's windy.  If you want to get anywhere you
appreciate the VMG benefits of a properly sheeted working jib and
balanced sailplan.

I have never seen any deck flexure in way of the track, but I am never
below when using it!

Mike
Rinn Duin #272