[Public-List] Jyb track location on foredeck

Michael dickdurk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 12:53:31 PST 2014

I have a working jib which uses the jib tracks as David described. I use
a pair of snatch blocks on those tracks and am pleased with the
performance, usually double reefed main. I had the jib built with a set
of reef points, the idea being a sort of storm sail, I have yet to use
those.
But the main reason I am posting; I had a #2 genoa built, with full luff
and a high clew, which uses the genoa track on the toe rail-it's just a
shorter foot than the #1- has become my favorite sail for cruising.
The jib was built in my offshore sailing days, it really has to be
blowing a lot to get that puppy out. Now that I am a dedicated
Chesapeake Bay sailor, well, it's nice knowing that the jib is there,
but if I am oversailed with the #2 and a double reef, it's time to be
someplace else, preferably with a margarita in hand.

MichaelGrosh