[Public-List] v-berth recommendations

Dustin via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Jul 23 20:42:44 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I had to throw out my previous bed and just re painted the v-berth of my 1966, hull 180 I think. It did not come with cushions but had a make shift platform that was built the expanse of the v-berth for a full size bed.

I am now wondering what I can do. As I see it, I can rebuild a platform to build a bed on which means I lose quick access to all the vberth lower storage. Or I can get two cushions made like I think the originals had.

I live on the boat with my girlfriend and will for a few more months but might put her up for sale.

Any and all advice on what I should do to make it comfortable, practical, and valuable would be appreciated. Any photos you have of an ideal set
Up would be great too!

Thanks guys!

Ps, if anyone is in the Kemah area, I could use a alberg 30 mentor!

 - Dustin