[Public-List] v-berth recommendations

Kris Coward via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Jul 23 21:08:11 PDT 2014

Hi Dustin,

I've been living on Candy Cane (#583) for a little over 10 years now,
and sleep up in the v-berth on most nights. Based on my experience, you
should just go with the platform. I have the pair of cushions, because
the boat came that way, and I can never be bothered to unmake the bed
enough to remove them, so theydo little but probide extra
between-cushion gaps that my elbows and ankles can sink into.

That said, if you're only keeping the boat for another couple of months,
I suspect the removable cushions might look more attractive to a
potential buyer who won't be thinking about the gaps betwene the
cushions every night (and remaking more of the bed than they care to
every morning because of those gaps).

Most of the other advice I can think of about comfort and practicality
for living aboard with your girlfriend really depends on how long you
intend to keep the boat, but I'd be happy to discuss more off-list with
you about the verious things that I've done.

Cheers,
Kris

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/