[Public-List] Boom Vang Specifications

Glenn Brooks via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Jul 6 21:55:15 PDT 2014

Dolce has a simple 3:1 block and tackle arrangement with 3/8" line that leads back to the cockpit.  Seems to work very well, particularly now that I have a loose footed mailsail.  Several other boats around me, not Alberg's, have put 'rigid' vanes - either aluminum spring mounted tubes(elcheapo) that work in conjunction with a block and  tackle arrangement, or a more expensive hydrolic ram setup $250?? Two years ago.  These work really well Iam told.  But of course, so does my low tech block and tackle!

Glenn B.
Dolce 318

Sent from my iPad