[Public-List] Boom Vang Specifications

David Terrell via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Jul 8 05:15:09 PDT 2014

A crash jibe situation is where a preventer does its thing. I teach my
sailing students about the importance of preventers and setting them
early. At 140 degrees , I think I probably do it before most people, but
I do not worry about this problem. I have noticed that when sailing down
wind, wind shifts can move the stern closer to the wind that one might
think with surprising speed.

David