[Public-List] Mike Lehman's Dodger

Glenn via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Jul 27 19:16:45 PDT 2014

I always liked the idea of building a dodger out of old 1" inflatable fire hose for the frame, and sewing(?) 'canvas' around the frame then cutting to fit the deck. Cost is next to nothing, except sunbella is expensive these days.  A local fire department or forestry station is a good source for scrapped fire hose - once it sprouts a leak it gets surplused.  Close off the ends and insert a small bicycle air nozzle and the hose inflates with a small bicycle pump.  Stands up nicely until hit by a wave when then it collapses and pops up again whenst the water pressure goes away.  Some early day circumnavigator wrote about this once. Cant remember who at this point,  but the idea seemed to serve him (them) well- for i think i read this in several books.  Cost is very low, except for time to test and assemble.

Glenn B
Dolce 318

Sent from my iPad