[Public-List] depth sounder

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Wed Jun 4 07:45:12 PDT 2014

    I have never seen a depth sounder transducer that could be removed
from inside the boat while it was in the water, Speed wheel, yes. I do
that. There is a handy plug you put in the hole after pulling out the
little wheel to clean it. I get a gallon or so of water each time, but
it does not sink the boat.

     There is a diver, Paul Murray, in Deltaville, VA, not all that far
from Gloucester. 804 776-9120. He's coming this week to scrape barnacles
off my propellor.

     But I have used a depth sounder sending its  pulses through the
fiberglass bottom. You need a zip-loc bag of water plastered to the
bottom (inside) to transmit the signal.

  - Gordon White

Brigadoon II # 275