[Public-List] Transducer issues

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 06:07:45 PDT 2014

Checkmate once had the "box" setup-it never worked well for me, but the
transducer is thru bolted to the top of the box. There should be some
screws or bolts on the top that could be loosened-no squirting water, no
communication with the sea. There should also be a cork or something that's
used to keep the mineral oil topped off (that could also be your problem)
that would also tell you if the hull has been pierced.
Finally, the turn of the bilge is not that far under waterline. Get your
bearings relative to the windows, and go for a swim.
MichaelGrosh