[Public-List] Transducer issues

Meinhold, Mike J. MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at leidos.com
Wed Jun 4 04:29:29 PDT 2014

Bob
 Significant fouling will interfere with the operation of the transducer. I found this out on a Fall Cruise trying to get into San Domingo Creek near St. Michaels, and having  a heck of time reconciling the chart with the 60 feet of water the depthsounder was measuring. I dove on it and found an inch of barnacles and sundry growth covering the transducer. Cleaning off restored the function.

With your glassed-in box you may be shooting through the hull through a water or oil-filled chamber, with the transducer fully inside the boat. The fouling interference would be the same.

I can recommend Patrick McMahon, Patrick at diverforhire.com   - he has a website www.diverforhire.com.

Mike
Rinn Duin #272