[Public-List] Re-Coring my Cockpit Floor #116

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Jun 4 08:19:17 PDT 2014

Jeff,

Yeah, on 543 I found that Whitby went right to the edge with the core,
also. When I've done recoring, I've laid up solid glass in areas that
will be penetrated. I did this around the rudder shaft in the cockpit,
and where the hinges, cleats and stern pulpit mount on the lazarette.
Just lay up alternating mat and cloth layers until it's the proper
height. Since these are small areas, the added weight of not having core
is insignificant.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org