[Public-List] The Commute

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 11:44:09 PDT 2014

   The time has come to begin serious planning and preparation for a
   cruise departing 31 May and returning on 15 June.  This cruise is open
   to the Chesapeake Bay Alberg 30 Association, the American Schooner
   Association and friends.  The Potomac is a pretty river, however due to
   the the lack of marinas along the way it is recommended that all
   participants be well provisioned before departure.  Woodfield's in
   Solomons has closed so provisioning there is out,  also it is a taxi
   ride to provision in Colonial Beach.  Fuel and water are available in
   Solomons and Colonial Beach.
   There are marinas on the upper Potomac but the depths approaching them
   are too shallow for an Alberg.  Groceries are available in Washington
   and there is a marina with fuel.  On the return trip fuel and groceries
   are available at Cobb Island.
   In Washington, DC itself, dock space is at a premium and it is intended
   that we anchor, a dinghy is necessary.  The waterfront area is in the
   process of renovation.  I have talked to the developers, contractors
   and the Capital Yacht Club and assured that the anchorage will be
   available.
   There is one stop on the trip where it is almost necessary to tie up in
   a marina, Colonial Beach.  To help me make reservations I need to have
   everyone planning to go contact me so I can set this up.  This also
   helps the friends who are hosting at Kinsale plan.  The stop in Kinsale
   will be a combination crab feast and pot luck.  Every time we have
   stopped here a good time was had by all.
   Please email me at a30240 at earthlink.net if you think you are going to
   participate.  As it gets closer to departure I will set up an email
   address book for the participants so we can coordinate.  Once underway
   I will monitor Ch 16 and have my cell phone on.  I can also receive
   email underway.
   I will need:
   Captain's name
   Boat name
   Length
   Beam
   Draft
   Number on board
   At the present time four boats have signed up.

Jim Davis
Privateer Isa Lei

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary
reversal of his record we have ever known.

George C. Marshall

Warning:  Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency (NS
A)
may read and archive this e-mail.  NSA may do this without any warning, warrant,
notice, consent, or any judicial or legislative oversight.
You have no recourse or legal protection.