[Public-List] Mast

randall weatherspoon via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Nov 29 09:01:14 PST 2014

Glenn - thanks for the information. Yes it is a  wire sheave but previous
owner had replaced with rope halyard.

On the top sheave did you heat only the bolt head and were their sleeves/
tubes  between the mast and sheave, perhaps like spacers-can't tell?

On the spreader bolt- mine  has corroded and looks like aluminum unlike the
stainless bolt at the mast? -as I understand you just twisted it off and
punched out the remaining pieces. Did you use any heat there? Was there
anything inside the mast at the spreader to keep it from collapsing?

Do you remember where you found the replacement sheaves and bolts. Do you
have any pictures of your new mast head,$?

I would like to ask some other questions if you have time offline~.
(rlwspoon at earthlink.net)

Thanks again, Randy - Marisel #385