[Public-List] new mast sheave

Randy Katz via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Nov 29 14:32:24 PST 2014

Greetings, Randy,

I replaced my mast sheave last summer with one of the ones for rope that
the A-30 group placed a group order for several years ago. (I'm afraid I
don't recall details of the purchase, but someone else would.)

I was fearful of a challenging time trying to remove the then-existing wire
sheave, but everything came apart easily. That's a pretty big bolt through
the middle;  I'd go with the whacking and penetrating oil ideas for
starters.

The new sheave went in smoothly and made a HUGE difference with raising and
lowering the main. (Well, I also bought a new halyard--dynema wrapped in
3/8 nylon cover from Fishery Supply, Seattle. That couldn't of hurt.) In my
case everything went back together smoothly.

Best of luck with your endeavor. Let us know how things go, eh?

Best Regards,

Randy Katz
Simple Gifts #249
Seattle/Bellingham