[Public-List] Alberg 30 dolce hill no 318

Glenn Brooks via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Nov 27 17:09:21 PST 2014

Hi Daniel,

Just noticed your message on the Alberg 30 mailing list.

I retired earlier this year and now am getting ready to put Dolce on the market, probably in early January. I have owned the boat for   9 years now and have just recently completed a very extensive upgrade of all system and structure.  Basically I've replaced or upgraded everything on board, including rear deck, and new cockpit, woodwork, rigging, sails, cushions, mechanical, plumbing, mechanical, and electronics. Essentially everything on board, including a Cape Horn Self steering Windvane.

I set the boat up for singlehanded sailing to do the singlehanded Transpac two years ago and the boat is essentially unchanged since then, except for rebuilding the transmission and adding 1" teak cockpit hatches this past summer.

Probably Dolce is one of the most completely updated and seaworthy alberg 30's in the fleet.  I have about $50,000 invested in the boat refit and equipment.  probably will ask around $25000 when I list it - depends on what equipment I leave on board.

She is laying Everett Marina, just north of Seattle, Washington, so that is probably a disadvantage to your location in New Orleans.  However there is a very reputable boat transport company locally that could move the boat if needed, and at a reasonable price.  I've used,them in the past and was very happy with their customer service and professionalism.