[Public-List] Engine bed mounting bolts

Glenn via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Oct 15 11:25:10 PDT 2014

Hi all,

My rear engine mount beds are bolted to longitudinal frames integrated into the hill, with 5/16" cap screws.  I am thinking of replacing these with 3/8" cap screws for additional strength and anti- sheering ( 2 each side). However i am wondering if this may be overkill for my 300# + Universal diesel.

Anybody know what size bolts Whitby used for the original engine beds?

Note: the beds are 1/2" flat plate, bolted horizontally to the frame.  The engine mounts bolt to these flat plates.

Thanks

Glenn Brooks
dolce 318

Sent from my iPad