[Public-List] Electronic Ignition

Wes Gardner via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Oct 8 16:26:45 PDT 2014

The only direct experience I have is from when I built up my 1989 MasterCraft. It had the original 454 big block with points-style ignition also a big-ass Holley that, when cold, was sometimes a little bit hard starting.  I bought a wizz-bang distributor with built-in coil pack that did wonders.  However, with these electronic marvels come things sealed away from your eyes that tend to go up just as you're entering that tight spot..".you pays your money, you takes your chances".

On the wakeboat, what's the worst that could happen? Get towed back in from riding...

On an A30, hmmm.....

 Can't really say that I'd recommend the switch out unless I could have a spare electronic module (at a reasonable cost)

My whole distributor was about $350 obviously a very different motor but the electrical side is similar...

Are the internals of your distributor good? Your coil? Your wiring to and from your ignition switch?

Sent from my iPad