[Public-List] Electronic Ignition

Amy & David Swanson via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Oct 8 19:11:51 PDT 2014

I swapped out my points for the kit that Don Moyer sells, and I will not
ever go back.  I work on antique farm engines and drive old tractors &
cars, so points are something I understand pretty well.  I have also
seen them fail in numerous ways, from corrosion to broken springs, to
connections that short to the distributor ground - and that is just on
the ones that have been regularly maintained.  The Atomic-4 starts much
easier & I get about 300 more rpms with the electronic ignition.  Yes
electronics fail, but the whole ignition system is electronic either
way.  My experience is that the sensor performs better and has been more
reliable than regular points.  I am sticking with it & highly recommend it.

David Swanson