[Public-List] New or Used Rudder

Bradford Cooke via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Sep 6 10:00:43 PDT 2014

Hi,
It has been a busy week, so I want to thank you all for great ideas.  I
think you are right about the re-build of what I already have.  I have a
new shoe and gudgeon and pintle  already.  I am attaching some pictures to
show what happened: basically, after she ran aground the tide snapped the
connections between the rudder and keel, the rudder shoe having been ripped
off by the rocks on the way in.  My theory, as I did not see any damage
that morning.

Anyway, the lower rudder post with the pin is loose, and the corner of the
fiberglass rudder (between the support strap and the rudder post with pin
is also loose.

The area of the keel where the rudder shoe goes is pretty well chewed-up,
and will need re-building to be able to support the shoe when re-installed.

Thanks again.
Brad Cooke
Querencia

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Jonathan Adams via Public-List <