[Public-List] Penobscot Bay

Jeffrey via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Sep 21 04:39:44 PDT 2014

Greg,

The Alden: Aria out of Rockland? I've considered chartering for a trip with
more family members and looked at Aria for the space.

Sounds like you hit some of the classics. The hike we did was on Mt.
Desert, the Precipice Trail.  Very fun, similar to Via Ferrata in the
alps.  Did you get tea and popovers at Jordan Pond? That's a favorite of
ours.

If you like peace and quiet, Seal Bay on Vinalhaven is fantastic,
especially after sailing through the Fox Islands Thoroughfare, between
Northhaven and Vinalhaven.

Merchants Row is worthy of a week alone, checking out the islands, and you
may end up with Wind jammer schooners in your anchorage in the evening,
which can be fun.

Did you stop at Isle Au Haut? Quaint with a world famous chocolatier on the
island. You walk down the dirt road heading south, you'll know the house
when you see the clothesline strung with cooking aprons.
http://www.boston.com/travel/explorene/maine/articles/2011/06/15/on_remote_isle_au_haut_maine_a_chocolatier_creates_a_year_round_business/

I think the walking trail around Long Island is the best of any island.

If you like ports, Belfast is way more interesting than Rockland and
Camden. And the Penobscot Marine Museum is nearby.

I could go on and on. Lots of great places south in the Moscungus area,
then Casco Bay too.

-jeff

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Greg Bover via Public-List <