[Public-List] Interior Paint

Meinhold, Mike via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Apr 27 08:03:29 PDT 2015

I am in the process of painting the interior on 272 - nonliner and am just finished with the V-berth. I am using gloss Rustoleum with an oil-based primer. It's taking 3 coats to get to bright white.   I took almost all the old paint (3 or more layers) so it's a huge job to prepare the surface. The amount of paint dust is stupendous.  In the process I tried to take down bumps and fill cavities that make it easier for mildew to form. This will be a much easier surface to keep clean, and I am looking forward to doing the decks someday soon .

Surface preparation is critical -expect to go through a lot of sanding disks, a lot of rags and a lot of mineral spirits.  If it holds up it will be worth the effort !