[Public-List] Dodgers

David Van Denburgh via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Aug 3 14:57:01 PDT 2015

I do sail and canvas work. My dodgers start at $2000 with 1" SS tubing, Sunbrella, Strataglass, chafe reinforcement where necessary, and solid struts. Dodgers take a lot of time to make. The frames have to be designed, bent, and fitted on the boat before the dodger can be patterned - again, on the boat to accommodate winches, lines, etc. Even after the frame and patterns are made, there are a lot of steps to construct the dodger. And then, finally, your canvas person should come back out to the boat for a final fitting, which can take an hour or two.

They really are labor intensive. $2000 is a lot of money, but my own dodger is over 7 years old and still doing fine. Anyway, FWIW.

David

Sent from my iPhone