[Public-List] Replace/rebuild engine

Anders Bro via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Aug 3 14:04:34 PDT 2015

If you lose oil, it isn't only the cylinder walls. You might want to check for scored main and connecting rod bearings. If the crank is scored, that can add quite a bit$. My experience with a largish 6 cyl Kubota tractor engine with a scored crank. It cost a bit over $1k to do a weld repair, and I think about double that (or more?) for a new one. (I pulled the crank, so the $1k does not include any mechanicing.)
Anders

Sent from my iPhone