[Public-List] Ice box insulation

Mike Lehman via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Feb 5 07:19:31 PST 2015

Has anyone attempted to improve the insulation to the ice box on a liner boat? Yesterday I removed all of the cabinetry and counter top on the ice box on our boat an found that it was an integrated piece of the liner. There is no access between the ‘box’ and the surrounding liner. I did measure the distance from the inside of the box to the outside of the liner and there is only 1”-to-1.24” space. Hardly enough room for very much insulation. The ONLY insulation I found (and removed) was some cheap white foam under the countertop. I am trying to figure out how to improve the efficiency of the ice box, but was wondering what others have done? You advice and suggestion are appreciated.