[Public-List] Main sail jackline(new sails)

Glenn via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Feb 12 17:07:51 PST 2015

Most any Reputable sailmaker will be able to advise you of best options given current materials. Wouldn't hurt to maybe talk to three or four and compare what they say.  When I replaced the main on Dolce a few years ago - 4 now I think -  The guy at North sails said all they build is loose footed sails these days, without jack lines.    Although they could do so of I wished.  I didn't
Rather defered to north's experience.  Besides I was going for good cruising sails, not racing, so opted for simplicity and longevity.

Glenn B
Dolce #318

Sent from my iPhone