[Public-List] haylard replacment

Ryan Martin via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Jan 27 17:30:08 PST 2015

On Reverie I could find no answer to replace the mail haylard without going up the mast.Wire to rope and the guide plates did not let the rope through.If staying with wire to rope I guess it`s possible to do as mentioned. On my boat I wound up replacing all the standing rigging and the main sheave and am now trying dyneema for a haylard.My only worry about a messenger line to wire would be that the wire could be to stiff to make the turn around the sheave without hitting either the inside of the mast or the guide plate,but I never tried so...