[Public-List] Electric Drive

C.B. Currier via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Jul 6 09:05:15 PDT 2015

A bunch of years ago a buddy of mine installed an electric motor in his
Tartan. Here is his comments on that.

    It was electric yacht.  Best price and works as specd.  Have grown a
    lot since and.new stuff is much better.

    Biggest issue isn't the drive system.  It's batteries and battery
    management.  I am adding options to mine now such as trc.power
    supplies in parallel powered by 2k genset with current limiting
    circuitry.  Extends range for longer term cruising without constant
    need for shore power.

    All are pretty good for day sailors attached to a home dock or even
    overnights.

Hope that helps.

CB Currier
A30 - #57