[Public-List] Seaflo Bilge Pumps

Glenn Brooks via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Jul 24 07:47:51 PDT 2015

Second Rod's comment.  Sometimes the Whale Gusher will suck up solid objects which get lodged inside the pump discharge valve - causing it to loose suction. Small pieces of zip ties are notorious for fowling bilge pumps.   I actually sucked up an oil absorbent pad once - all the way to the pump body and clogged the pump solid at the last inch of hose. Didn't even know it till it quit working.

Which adds another recommendation - put screens on the bilge end of all your intake pump lines!  They make cheap plastic ones nowadays that work well.

Regards
Glenn

Sent from my iPad