[Public-List] Chesapeake Summer Cruise

Jonathan Adams via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Jun 20 13:57:11 PDT 2015

Hello all,
The summer cruise this year will be in the lower part of the Bay. The goal of this summer cruise is to get to either Smith or Tangiers before they wash away. The last cruise down to this neck of the woods, we bypassed those two as the feeling by folks that had been there before was that once was enough, but ...
The schedule is somewhat flexible. Once we have a feel for who is coming, we will finalize based on input. Here is what we have right now.
July 10 - 11. use the Solomons Island Race as the "feeder" event. David and I will be racing down. We will leave the boats there for the week at Zanhisers (http://www.zahnisers.com/) - at least this is the plan now. I think Cooking will have a crew on the boat all week.
Zanhisers has a pool with a bar, decent facilities, and loaner bikes to get where you need to go.
July 18 - Plan on leaving Solomon's either late Saturday, or Sunday.
After that the schedule is flexible. The goal get into the Southern Bay, clean water, wide open spaces, no motor boat chaos; be back by July 26, and keep the hops reasonable in length.
The last time we did this, we came up from Crisfield to Solomon's and from there to Harrington Harbor, pirate's cove,  and then home. we are thinking this time of trying to stop in the Choptank. Any recommendations? Crisfield to Solomons is a long hop. I think we will stay on the west side this time.
Please let me know if you are thinking of coming. Please use this email address jreadams6 at yahoo.com as I check it more frequently. Or contact David Cooper at dlcooper at umd.edu
Currently we have three boats - all with kids + Sailing dinghies. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Jonathan