[Public-List] Barrier Coat

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Mar 13 08:49:19 PDT 2015

I've heard good things about International's "Interprotect"

I believe it's worth doing even though Whitby's hulls have a good reputation
with regard to resisting water absorption.

I think I've written earlier about how we went at SURPRISE's bottom when we
first had her in order to remove the very thick crusty antifouling build up.

Being wooden boat people, we got sharp scrapers and began tearing it off.
Most came off easily, but there were very hard patches we really had to work
at...then I realized we were going through the old junk we wanted off, but
also removing an Interprotect job we didn't know about that was beneath it.
I slumped my shoulders and sighed with dismay, a gesture I am sure all yacht
owners are familiar with.

Gord #426 Surprise