[Public-List] Soda blasting.

Glenn Brooks via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Mar 13 09:52:26 PDT 2015

I don't have direct experience with barrier coats, as have never needed it on Dolce.  Various feedback on sailing forums seems to be that the barrier coat usually consists of a build up of multiple layers of the product- 5-7 layers come to mind.  And that it lasts for maybe 5-7 years before loosing its effectiveness, at which point you do it again.  No idea of cost.  It's an epoxy based formula, I believe...

I guess I've never felt the need to spend the money as these albergs don't have the water intrusion problems bottom coatings are designed to prevent.  Plenty of other things on the boat one can lavish money on - new bulwarks or toe rails, Taff rail, rigging, teak hatches, Windvane, more sails, running rigging, new dodger, new spreaders, Remodeled ice box, SSB, chart plotter, dingy...ice sheathing apparently for the Chesapeake sailors,...happily it never ends!

Glenn B.
dolce, 318

Sent from my iPad