[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 3040, Issue 1

Glenn Brooks via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat May 30 01:03:07 PDT 2015

Randy,  I've used over the counter paint stripper on floorboards and bulkheads on several different occasions over the years with no issues.  It didn't attack the glue, indeed didn't seem to even penetrate the veneer at all.  I will say I put it on sparingly, used a couple of thin coats and scrapped each off fairly quickly, after 10 minutes maybe, as I to was concerned about the caustic material in the stripper aggressively eating into the wood glue.  But, never saw any sign of damage.  Once the old crud was out of the wood, wiped down with acetone, then thinner and sealed with teak oil, then applied  7 coats tung oil on the bulkheads, and I think two coats on the floor - enuf to seal out the dirt, but not make it slick and dangerous to walk on. I don't think I would worry about stripper having an advert us effect on the plywood.

Glenn B.

Sent from my iPad