[Public-List] IMG_20151126_114024699.jpg

Jonathan Bresler (via Google Drive) via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Nov 26 15:57:05 PST 2015

I've shared an item with you:

IMG_20151126_114024699.jpg
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6rlnyFb-75dbVRuRjlmS0ZjeGpyOUxxeVBRNF9VclNiaHc4/view?usp=sharing&invite=CJD29fAO&ts=56579c51

It's not an attachment -- it's stored online. To open this item, just click
the link above.

Folks,

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you.  Hope that you have had a wonderful day
with family and friends.

Hauled #262 out at Smith's Marina on Tuesday....watch out narrow channel
getting in there....just ask my buddy ridding the boom as to why we know
this.

The raw water intake for the Yanmar 2GM20F installed in #262 has a
perforated disk cover similar to the Buck Algonquin listed at Jamestown
Distributors
(http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=14674&familyName=Buck+Algonquin+Bronze+Round+Strainer).
Removed the cover this morning.  Certainly it was not clogged, a number of
the  holes in the strainer were clear.  A number were not.  Seems like it
could become a matter of concern over time.  The boat has been in the water
from May 15th till November 24th.   The photo shows the organic material
build up viewed from the inner side of the cover.

What does everyone else use ?
Slotted intake ?
Plain thruhull ?

Looking for experiences and recommendations.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Jonathan