[Public-List] Chainplates

Wes Gardner via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Nov 1 16:45:55 PST 2015

Fortunately, my knees and bulkhead show absolutely no stain or discoloration at all.  Someone must have kept at the chainplate cover plates.

The bolts for my uppers are definitely deformed.  For me, a dismasting just isn't worth the risk. I have access to a bench top drill press so it's just a matter of slacking one shroud at a time, rig a temporary as required, unbolt the chainplate and drill it out.  I've read all the threads on the list and I've not heard any problems with actually getting a drill in there to drill the knee or bulkhead-there's not a lot of room, but it looks doable with a small drill driver.

Sent from my iPad