[Public-List] Chainplates

Wes Gardner via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Nov 5 11:13:37 PST 2015

Chainplate covers do a couple of things - make the transition from deck to
chainplate "pretty" (think "trim") functionally, they add extra caulking
space so you have a better chance of getting a good, tight, waterproof seal
and the chainplate/deck interface.  This is always a source of potential
leaking with potentially catastrophic results, if not expensive ones.
Personally, I would really keep after these things as replacing bulkheads
and hanging knees might not be something one wants to do on his/her days
off. :-)