[Public-List] Alberg 30 forum

David Van Denburgh via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Oct 12 06:06:40 PDT 2015

Having been a member of the Cape Dory Board and the Plastic Classic Forum for about 10 years, this new format is far preferable to the A30 list format. All the talk about keeping things in one place is answered by this sample - no more viewing pictures in an unorganized "gallery" of images on the A30 site, no more going "over here" for the writeup, etc.

My only concern would be support: is someone committed to keeping the php up and running? Is the server reliable? Is there adequate support against spamming and malicious attacks? I know that the CD board has been successful because of a dedicated team of admins who keep the behind-the-scenes business nice and tidy. If that isn't available, then it would be a shame to start something new, collect a bunch of data, and then have all of it lost.

David