[Public-List] Water intakes

Stephen Gwyn via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Sep 22 07:55:57 PDT 2015

I guess I'm OK with the basic design of the plumbing.
I don't want fewer connections, or have the connections
moved. What I object to is the execution of the design
with hoses stretched over pipes which are too fat
(stretching the hoses) and too short (only allowing
one hose clamp) instead of barbs. And using non-stainless
hose-clamps, even above the waterline, is also
unpardonable. Whitby saved, what? maybe 20$ in 1972.
No recently built boat, despite being ugly as sin and sailing
like a pregnant cow, would ever take a shortcut like that.

Grr.

SG

Stephen Gwyn                       | Tel: 1-250-363-3136
Canadian Astronomical Data Centre  | Fax: 1-250-363-0045
Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics | Cell: 1-250-885-6969
5071 West Saanich Road             | E-mail: Stephen.Gwyn at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Victoria, BC, V9E 2E7, Canada      | http://astrowww.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn/