[Public-List] Cockpit drain fittings

Stephen gwyn via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Sep 10 13:20:20 PDT 2015

Hi Mike,

I have a 1972 liner boat, #495. I don't like either the scupper
drains, or the T-fitting on the cockpit drains either. The scupper
drains always get plugged up with leaves in the winter, and when
the boat has just had its lee rail awash, the lowest point of the
rail is somewhat forward of the drain.

As far as I can make out, there are only two cockpit drain fittings.
A bronze item from Perko with a 45 degree angle at 250$ each or
a Marelon item (straight) for 30$. I'm inclined to the second. But
has anybody removed the existing molded in fibreglass fitting?

SG

Stephen Gwyn                       | Tel: 1-250-363-3136
Canadian Astronomical Data Centre  | Fax: 1-250-363-0045
Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics | Cell: 1-250-885-6969
5071 West Saanich Road             | E-mail: Stephen.Gwyn at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Victoria, BC, V9E 2E7, Canada      | http://astrowww.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn/