[Public-List] Suggestions for pulling out injectors?

Randy Katz via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Apr 6 08:23:05 PDT 2016

Greetings,

I'd like to pull out the 3 injectors on my Universal M3-20B diesel this
weekend. They have been in place since the engine was installed new in
about 2000, 1300 hours ago.

I'm expecting this job to be challenging. Westerbeke (maker of the engine)
recommends two special proprietary tools, which I'm investigating. I have
an understanding of various formulae and commercially available products
for dealing with stuck threads, but I wonder if any of you with experience
might have any other advice.

At this point, I'm assuming heat can't be used due to the presence of fuel
and the sensitive nature of injector mechanics.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Randy Katz
Simple Gifts #249
Bellingham/Seattle