[Public-List] V-Berth Shelving

Amy & David Swanson via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Apr 20 15:36:10 PDT 2016

ON 229 (pre-liner), the shelves were not tied to the chain plates nor
glassed to the hull, they were screwed into small blocks of wood that
were glued to the hull.  They were 3/8" plywood.  I replaced the fiddle
with varnished pine about 1/4" thick that a woodworking friend had as
spare.  I wouldn't spend extra money for sapale or okume if you are
painting them, but that's me.