[Public-List] Prop while sailing, locked or free to spin ?

Randy Katz via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Apr 22 17:08:35 PDT 2016

Greetings,

My engine manual (Universal M3-20B diesel) says specifically to leave the
trans in neutral while sailing. Locking is a no-no in their book. (I also
have a 3 blade Michigan prop, for what that's worth. The boat at some point
had a 2 blade, which I carry as a spare.)

Regards,
Randy Katz
Simple Gifts #249
Bellingham/Seattle