[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 3388, Issue 1

Bill McCoy via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Dec 13 14:30:31 PST 2016

SG, now that is an interesting alternative.  So, from what you say, I understand the strips then butted against edges on upper and lower sides.  And you probably used a 1/2 plywood?

Skeep

________________________________

I replaced the pegboard with teak doorskin plywood. Lacking a
table saw, I had lumber supply place cut it into 3 inch wide
strips. I screwed it to the same battens that the pegboard was
attached to, with small gaps between each strip. The bottom strip
in the V-berth had to be cut to a slightly different shape, and
in general there were all the issues one would expect trying to
get flat board to conform to compound curves. But with a quick
wipe down with lemon oil, it looks fantastic, much classier than
the pegboard. Air circulation is fine. Only the front ply of the
doorskin is teak, and I was worried about the back plies rotting
after a few years. But it's been 10 years so far and when I
pulled a strip up to run some wires this past spring it was still
spotless.

SG

Subject: Digest Footer

These businesses support the Alberg 30 Association<http://www.alberg30.org/store/A30supporters.html>
www.alberg30.org
Please support these businesses that support the Alberg 30 Association: They support us. Please support them. Online Store; Association supporters; Recommended Books ...