[Public-List] Mast Rak

Jason S via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Feb 14 15:25:03 PST 2016

Guys,

Last year I had to make a new mast base plate(one the goes into
mast)because original cracked. When I was having the new one made I took
the original mast step plate (6 holes) and drilled new holes in it the
would allow the mast to be mounted 1 inch more forward. This helped with
weather helm tremendously. Granted my sails are old and probably not
adjusted correctly but for me moving mast 1in forward made a big difference.

It also allowed mast to be more over the beam. A bit late as compression
was already there.......

Jason
www.svsalacia.blogspot.com
On Feb 14, 2016 6:18 PM, "Michael Grosh via Public-List" <