[Public-List] Bulkheads

George Dinwiddie via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Feb 6 18:57:26 PST 2016

Chip,

If you look at most newer boats, there are dimples in the topsides where
the knees are attached. This is due to the knees not being flush with
the underside of the deck, and as the chainplate pulls the knee up, it
rotates slightly and pulls the hull inwards.

I think it would be best if the knee were flush with the underside of
the deck. I've thought about inserting shims, but have never done so.

  - George #543

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org