[Public-List] Opening ports

dan walker via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Feb 9 08:51:27 PST 2016

caroline, an astute and wise person

      From: Gordon Laco via Public-List <public-list at lists.alberg30.org>
 To: Wes Gardner <wesgardner1952 at gmail.com>; Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all <public-list at lists.alberg30.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 9:29 AM
 Subject: Re: [Public-List] Opening ports

Ha! Curtains....

I remember when I bought SURPRISE I was smarting over the loss of my wooden
Folkboat...  The new boat had everything I thought I'd never lower myself
too...  Roller furling on the headsail, aluminium mast, glass hull, inboard
engine, life lines, standing headroom, a wheel, a proper head, then, I saw
the curtains.  I couldn't stand that, they were just too much, so removed
them.

Now that I've become resigned to the comforts I enjoy, I wish I'd kept at
least the tracks...

Ah - what pride will do to a fellow...

Gord #426 Surprise

PS - I think I've written about this already, but here it is again... The
first time we spent the weekend in the Alberg 30, I awoke early in the
morning.  Our two sons were sleeping up forward, Caroline was in her bunk
and I was in mine to starboard.  I could hear rain on the deck.  C was awake
so I started complaining to her.  I didn't like all the empty space above
me, I missed the smell of linseed oil, I missed the sound of wavelets on the
old boat's lapstrake planking... Then she interrupted me saying 'run your
hand over your sleeping bag',  I said 'why?'  She said 'it's raining, and
we're dry'.  I had no answer for that...

On 2016-02-09, 9:21 AM, "Wes Gardner via Public-List"