[Public-List] Mast Rake

Michael Grosh via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Feb 14 15:18:09 PST 2016

Regarding #3; are you talking rake or mast bend? I can see bend flattening
the main to improve pointing, I can understand no physic reason for rake to
do that.
I do see chronic weather helm changing the function of the Alberg's barn
door rudder from steering to braking.

Michael Grosh
On Feb 14, 2016 10:59 AM, "Michael Connolly via Public-List" <

> 3) An aside; generally, I prefer a slight rake. I believe it improves
pointing ability, especially in a dinghy.  Down wind performance is
affected negatively, but as a racer, think about it, 2/3rds of the "time"
on the race course you are going upwind and 1/3rd downwind. I would rather
error toward the up wind performance side of things.