[Public-List] Weather helm

Jason S via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Feb 23 08:27:06 PST 2016

I am sure my old main is not helping anything. But moving the rig forward
helped especially in gusty conditions.
I would not consider moving the rig an inch reengineering....more like an
adjustment. These boats were not precision made by any stretch of the
imagination. So moving things around a bit may help some or hurt others. I
truly believe each one of the Alberg 30 are unique. Look the same sure but
demsionally I believe they vary quite a bit from boat to boat.

One port side I have a 1/4 spacer behind the chainplate for it to exit the
deck in the correct spot, start board side is 3/4" of an inch spaced....so
what's different? Bulkhead placement? Chainplate hole placement? Actual
deck placement on the boat? Really who knows......

Jason
On Feb 23, 2016 11:20 AM, "George Dinwiddie via Public-List" <