[Public-List] Cleaning and caring for the cabin woodwork

Mpcbi via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Jul 8 11:46:07 PDT 2016

I refinished my woodwork last year using this process:

A good cleaning scrubbing brush with a Murphy soap and tsp mixture inside and out but no sanding.
Stained with Minwax Red mahogany, one heavy coat, the wood came out a fair bit darker but even colored.
Used Circa 1850 lemon oil as a finish with a second coat this spring, smells nice for a bit and is a good easy finish to use. Fast drying, easy to apply and not overpowering as a fairly mat not glossy finish! I am pleased with results and have got lots of compliments!

I also painted the fiberglass 3 coats of white gloss Tremclad (rustoleum in USA) that brings out the darker stain of the woodwork!

Hope this helps,

Maurice
A30 322 Avoca

Envoyé de mon iPad