[Public-List] Stern tube

Bob Bohmer via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Jun 13 08:20:41 PDT 2016

Mine was built in '65. The tube was put in with a sealant of some sort.  As
I tried to  unscrew the shaft log by hand, the whole tube turned with the
log. I had read that it was screwed onto the stern tube, but wasn't sure
until I had it out far enough to get a pipe wrench on the tube. At that
point I was able to unscrew it using 2 pipe wrenches. The sealant ( what
was left of it ) was pliable, but there wasn't a lot if it there.
On Jun 13, 2016 11:15 AM, "Wes Gardner via Public-List" <