[Public-List] Stern tube

vmarmei via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Jun 13 13:06:52 PDT 2016

Sorry man....
Just me overlooked....If you have a space between prop and housing
....then buy and cut the new bearing to 1/8 inch short of the prop.
The longer the bearing the better.....still buy bearing to double
length for another rainy day. Leave the bearing sticking out from the housing.
Also if you do not have space for your zinc anode....then screw one
large pear shaped one to the hull below the prop bearing....flat face
of the keel....change the SS set screws in the housing for longer
ones(3/4") and join your anode with clean/plastic stripped solid
copper wires to the housing....use counter nuts to hold the copper
wires in place...I have two set screws and also two copper wires
connecting anode to the prop housing.
Make sure you drill water cooling / lubricating holes into the new
bearing after the bearing has been pressed into the housing.
Villo A-30 Canada

YES.....
Hack-saw.....Buy a 4-1/2 inch long ....this way you have another
piece left over for years to come.
Villo